Sunday, April 29, 2007

I love my parents

We went back to Terengganu on April 16 and spent about 10 days there. My kids really enjoyed their time back home. People ask me why I always go back to my parents' place whenever I take my leave. Why don't I go vacationing overseas? Well ... you see ... my parents are in their mid-50s and not very healthy anymore. I live about 700km away from them and only see them about four or five times a year. And I also take leave about four to five times a year. If I go somewhere else, when else would I see my parents then? I love them. I feel our time is getting shorter. I lost my beloved grandmother in 2004. I'm still carrying this guilt and regret of not having be able to spend enough time with her or , alas, to look after her when she was sick. Everytime I think of her, I feel the pain. Maybe God wants me to live with this feeling as a reminder. Therefore, going back home is a must everytime I take my leave. Also a must is going home to my in-laws in Melaka.

No comments: