Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Life Is So Fragile


Life is so fragile. Just a few minutes ago you were laughing joyfully with your beloved one, the next thing you know, she's gone to see her Creator.


On Thursday, 3-year-old Isabel Cheong died on the spot, of head injuries, after her mother accidentally knocked into her while parking her car in Desa Seri Hartamas. It must have been vey painfully heartbreaking for Isabel parents' to see their beautiful toddler lying dead on the pavement in a pool of thick warm blood, when just a few moments before she had been so much alive and well. And it was also heartbreaking to see the grief-stricken mother craddle her lifeless toddler so dearly in her arm, probably hoping that she would come back from her deep slumber. But of course, that was not to be.


Life is indeed so fragile. Just one knock and she's gone. How would Isabel's parents find peace in their heart to go on living like they used to? The guilt would remain, like a ghost that would haunt their life forever.


The thought of such accident has always been in my mind when I think of driving. It has played a very big role in my being so reluctant in getting a licence. I am forever afraid that I would knock into someone. I sometimes dream about it. It has been one of my greatest fears. What if I hit my own children or someone's else children? A cat, a cow? An elderly? Nauzubillah. Thinking about it already makes me shiver.


To make it worse, I see horrible and gruesome accident pictures everyday. Sometimes, there are four or five cases per day, and many involves children. And I have also seen that of Isabel. And it's one of those pictures that would painfully linger in mind. You can't help but think how could God let a beautiful and innocent toddler like her to die that way?


Unless one has gone through such unfortunate event oneself, I believe no one could really share the grief Isabel's parents are feeling right now.


However, let's pray that one day, they will find peace in their heart and be able to forgive themselves and move on. May they have the support from those around them. May God give them strength to live on.


Children are like a piece of plain white cloth. So pure and sinless. When they die, God will send them to Heaven. I believe, Isabel is one of them.

No comments: