Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Where are the recycle collectors


My place is getting smaller by days. The space in the living room has shrunk quite considerably due to the three 'buildings' of old newspapers that almost reach the ceiling. They have become a nice place for my children to play Hide-and-Seek, but a sore sight to my eyes. The third room is full with toys, boxes and many other things that I consider recycleable and also have 'sentimental' value, including our old TV. The kitchen balcony has been the place for bottle, tin, old washing machine 'collectibles'.


I'm into recycling, although not yet close to being a recyle freak. I like the idea of recycling. It reminds me of Grandma who had recycled almost everything... bottles, plastic bags, old towels, old clothes, buttons, you name it. It gives me satisfaction when certain things are used and reused to their maximun until they can't be used anymore. At least I feel I'm helping Kuala Lumpur from being a Garbage Metropolitant, although in a very small way. And it also thrills me to receive that few ringgits from the recycle collectors (thehehehe ... ). It's like the old days in the kampung when we (my siblings and I) sold kicap bottles for 30 sen. Thirty sen was a lot during that time.


Back to the cramped apartment, I feel quite angry with the management office for not allowing the recycle collectors to enter our premises. All these while, these people had helped us get rid of old and unused stuff, thus helping clear our houses. Now they are banned from our place.


In this recycling era, the ban is like 50 steps backward... no thanks to you, morons.

No comments: