Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Maulidur Rasul ... a man, an icon and a maksum one



Birthday of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. What have I learned from the day? That with his birth came the light to the happiness - Islam, the blessing of God for all mankind. That also makes me realise, how far sometimes I have gone away from his teachings ...
Supposedly a public holiday for 'normal people' in Malaysia, but not for me and my colleague 'abnormal lots'. We always work on public holidays.
Last night, I read the news of the death of a 6-year-old girl, after being in coma for four days in a hospital. There are pictures of her. So comel and innocent. It's sad the way she died. She had been left inside a kindergarten van for couple of hours (it seems the driver didn't realise she was left behind in the van as he was escourting other kids to the kindergarten) and fainted, probably due to lack of oxygen, and went into coma. She had probably tried in vain to push the van door open. She probably panicked as she was alone in the van, gotten hysterical, I don't know what actually happened that led her to being suffocated ... but it was so so really unfortunate. Poor little girl! When I look at her picture, it's like I look at my daughter. She had the same hair style, like my daughter. Even if she's not my daughter, she's too young to die, and that way too. My heart goes to her parents and siblings. They sure have tough time to accept the reality of her death.
Last night, at home while trying to sleep, I kept seeing her face, and at the same time, hearing Adibah's song Terlalu Istimewa. Maybe that is really the case where God really loves somebody too much to let her live any longer. How else to explain the death of a 6 year old. She's too young to sin. So God must love her so much to 'call' her to Him when she's that young. I don't know ... sometimes, I have problem understanding life and death ...
This is Adibah's song ' Terlalu Istimewa'. Coincidently, the song is actually dedicated to all the kids who have 'gone'.
Ku tak tergambar wajahmu
Sinar mata itu
Lirik senyumanmu
Pesona yang membelai
Wajahmu bercahaya
Memberi bahagia
Tiap yang memandangHati jadi salju
Kau terlalu istimewa
Kasih dan sayangmu terpancar
Seikhlas tiada batasan
Terus membara
Terkilan rasa jiwa
Ingin ku lihat mu dewasa
Apa dayaTuhan lebih menyayangimu
Ku pasti kau berbahagia
Duduk di sampingnya
Mendengar cerita
Sekadar rahsia
Tak tertanggung rindu…
Mendengar suaramu…
Tawa mengusik jiwa…
I am sure Sharifah Fatin Shahirah, the 6 year old, is having 'good time' in another life, duduk di sampingNya, mendengar ceritaNya . Insyaallah.

No comments: