Sunday, July 09, 2006

Genting and us ...

So we had our family gathering in Genting ... The weather was colder than the last time I went, and the fun was also less due to my aging :) and my having to put up with two noisy kids. What with the accident happened to my poor father in-laws' car, which decided to hit the wall of Genting's police station (what a strategic spot it chose) while being u-turned. Mother in-laws left shaking and feeling worried till the end of the holiday and sister in-laws husband probably felt guilty till the end as he drove the car. Maybe, it was easy to forget that being left unscatched (Thank Allah) was also a reason to cheer.
A for sure enjoyed the trip as she got to see her cousins though she was either too small to befriend the bigger cousins and or too big to befriend the smaller ones. Sy was a bit frigthened by the new environment and cold weather, so he became clinging as usual. Am was busy going up and down Genting hills as the 'victimised' car and the vehicle it hit needed to be settled out. Myself was left waiting most of the time. But I have 'grown' my patience and tolerance in double since I got married to Am and his family and had kids. So, overall, the event was okay. I gave it three bintangs.

Sources told me that brother's wife is pregnant. Good news eh. So I called him and yes, my mother will have more grandkids next year, insyaallah. I'm happy too.

Today, we send my second cousin from Trg to UPM Serdang. How being in a campus brings back my memory as a varsity student. It was like walking down the memory lane. I was happier and freer, and definitely much slimmer with many friends. Now, where're they? Or maybe to be fair, where are ME?

No comments: